Let's Start with These Easy appetizers...
Simple appetizers are a great way to set the ball rolling for a fun picnic. These easy appetizers go so well with libations from the wine picnic basket before bringing out
Really simple appetizers with minimal preparation and no cooking...
If you find you are pushed for time, head for the pantry and fridge… or the supermarket and gourmet deli.
They can still look and taste great and all you have to do is pop them on the plate.
Open and Fill the Bowl...• Chips or pretzels and crackers…your favorite flavors.
• Nuts…peanuts, cashews, mixed nuts, almonds, walnuts, pecans.
...Mix nuts with sultanas or currants or dried blueberries or cranberries.
• Sunflower seeds, pine nuts…
...can be roasted for a minute or two with garlic or herbs or spices, for added flavor.(well, just alittle cooking!)
• Olives…so many different flavors now.
• Matured or soft centered cheese to go with all the above.
From the gourmet deli…• Pots of pate.
• Rocket, spinach or basil pesto.
• Really tasty cheeses.
• Pre-prepared dips.
• And don’t forget the dried biscuits, pita bread or similar, to go with these.
Check here if you would prefer to try the...
Platters…• A Barossa Valley touch (our favorite wine region in South Australia)…
Dill cucumbers, pickled onions, metwurst or salami, tasty cheeses, dried biscuits or interesting small breads.
• Roast vegetables with…sun dried and semi dried tomatoes, roasted capsicum and aubergine (eggplant)...also great on a salad ... which can be cut into slices and served with cheese sticks or crackers.
• How about a seafood platter with …
Chilled mussels, oysters, prawns, calamari, scallops… and your local seafood delicacy too.
Pancetta or small slices of ham with figs, dates and cheese and slices of fresh fruit.
They can be put together with toothpicks or left for you all to make your own combinations.
Wrap the pancetta around the fruit…simple but yummy.